USA Travel Options

Our aim is to make your journey from the UK to your chosen ski resort in the USA as easy and as stress free as possible. We have first-hand experience of all the different travel options and routes, and will be happy to advise which itinerary will be best suited to your party size and specific requirements. For travel to the USA you will need a valid passport + an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization):


British Citizens need a valid full 10 year passport that should be valid for the duration of your stay (we recommend that you have at least 3 months validity on your passport). Full details of the requirements and restrictions are given on If you were born in the USA and are travelling on anything other than a US passport then you must carry a ‘Loss of Nationality letter’ with you. If you are travelling to the USA with any children who do not have the same family name, or as a single parent with your children, you must carry a letter confirming your right to be travelling with the child or children. If you are not a British Citizen or are unsure about the visa requirements then you must contact the appropriate Embassy Visa Department. United States of America Consulate Visa Information: 0207 499 9000.

ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization):

All passengers travelling to the USA must apply online for authority to travel. You can complete your application online at (this is the official site and the only one you should use). It’s a simple to follow procedure and has to be completed at least 72 hours prior to departure from the UK. Without this authority, passengers may be denied entry to the USA. If you renew or change your passport, you need to reapply for your ESTA. Your ESTA information must match your APIS information. We strongly recommend that you apply for your ESTA well before your departure date.

Important information:

You should be aware that if you have travelled to or have been in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen on or after 1 March 2011, you are normally not eligible for an ESTA visa waiver and will need to apply for a US visa. You should also be aware that if you have travelled to or have been in Cuba, you may not be eligible for an ESTA visa waiver and may need to apply for a US visa. You should consult the US State Department website: The US Embassy advise that travellers who come under the following categories should not attempt to travel on an ESTA and should instead apply for a US visa: those who have been arrested (even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction); those who have a criminal record; those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from the USA; those who have previously overstayed under an ESTA. Further details are on the US Embassy Website: 

Essential Travel Information

Your ski holiday to the USA  Please find below our simple step-by-step guide to help prepare you for your Ski Independence holiday to the USA. Each part of your journey to...

Read More

Flying to the USA

We offer a fully comprehensive tailor-made service allowing you to depart from your choice of UK airport on any day of the week (subject to airline schedules), and we’ll recommend...

Read More


The vast majority of our holiday prices include a door-to-door transfer from your arrival airport to/from your holiday destination, with the choice of a shared or private vehicle (for some...

Read More

Car Hire

If you prefer the flexibility of having a vehicle at your disposal during your stay, we can organise self-drive car rental from all of our US airports, and most of...

Read More

City Stopovers

Building a city break or an excursion into your holiday itinerary is both easy to do and relatively inexpensive, and is a great way to experience a little bit more...

Read More